On October 24, 2022, the Programme Operator of the Programme "Local Development, Poverty Reduction and Enhanced Inclusion of Vulnerable Groups", financed through the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area (EEA FM) 2014 - 2021, announced a procedure for additional funding of the projects under the “Establishing youth centres” procedure.
The main objective is to provide financial support for the establishment of youth centers that meet high standards of youth work, providing comprehensive services for young people and providing a variety of activities (including international activities) that meet the needs and wishes of young people, including those from vulnerable groups.
The additional funding is provided through savings under the Programme and is redistributed to support construction and installation activities on the four projects for the construction of youth centers.
The need for additional financing of construction and installation activities under the four projects is justified by the following conditions:
1. The extraordinary price increase is beyond the control of the project contractors and could not have been foreseen at the time of submission of the project proposals (additional costs due to budgeting/planning errors are not eligible for funding).
2. The provision of additional funding is the only possibility to achieve the planned results within the stipulated period.
3. The additional funding will enable project activities to be completed within the eligibility period.
4. The provision of additional funding is in accordance with applicable state aid and public procurement rules.
3. Expected results and indicators
Successfully completed construction and assembly works for the construction of youth centers within the period of eligibility of project costs.
Number of youth centers built: 4 (one youth center for each approved project);
4. Total amount of the grant under the additional financing procedure
1,200,000 (one million two hundred thousand) euros
5. Maximum amount of the additional grant
Up to 500,000 (five hundred thousand) euros
6. Percentage of co-financing
The project contractor undertakes to provide 50% or more of the necessary additional financing for the construction and installation activities.
The deadline for applying for the procedure is 12/02/2022, 5:30 p.m.
The application guidelines and other documents for the procedure are published in ISUN 2020 at the following address:
ИСУН 2020 (government.bg)
List of projects approved for funding