The projects under this call must correspond to the following mandatory requirements of eligibility:
a. The activities provided for in the project proposals can be implemented on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria and in the case of a partnership – on the territory of the partner(s) from the Donor States.
b. It is obligatory for the project proposals to simultaneously include activities related to the conversion of minimum 30,000 units cultural heritage value items in digital format for the first time, and activities related to the realization of minimum 1 digital exhibition.
c. When conversion in digital format concerns elements of copyright which are still protected by the law, the applicant organization must acquire the relevant authorization. The settlement of the relevant copyrights is not an eligible cost. The settlement of the relevant copyrights is not required to be ready and acquired by the date of the submission of the project proposal.
d. When converting to digital format affects a documentary archive, the admissible file formats must meet the eligibility requirements for file formats applicable to the type of site concerned, according to the “Practical guidelines for the long-term storage of electronic documents by administrative authorities” prepared by the Bulgarian State e-Government Agency.
e. The project proposals must provide an activity for training of the expert personnel of the Project Promoter involved in the digitalization process in view of enhancing their professional competences and skills, in particular in relation to the implementation of one or more of the following activities:
- effective process of digitalization and management of the digitalized elements of cultural heritage;
- effective process of preparation, creation, metadata management with the information of the digitalized items;
- effective migration process of the metadata that is part of the applicant's existing registers (applicable to applicants who have existing cultural heritage value items registers) in digital format;
- storage of digitalized items of cultural heritage;
- effective popularization process of the digitalized items.
f. The project must include activities ensuring access to the relevant digitalized content.
g. The project proposals must provide a concept of effective audience reach during the realization of a digital exhibition (cooperation with educational institutions and/or other initiatives).
h. Any project proposal that provides for an investment in the purchase of fixed assets should include a project investment sustainability plan which will have a continuation period of the activities under the indicator “number of cultural heritage value items converted into digital format for the first time” of at least 5 years after the end of the project contract, and the applicant should provide sufficient resources to maintain the asset and its on-going work (“sustainability requirement” – see more information in item 15 of the Application Guidelines).
i. Each project proposal must include an activity for the formation of a project management team, and each Project Promoter is directly responsible for the management of the project and for achieving quality implementation of the proposed activities (see more information in item 9, letter “i” of the application Guidelines).
j. Each project proposals must include an activity for publicity and information on the objectives and the activities of the project as well as on the financial contribution of the EEA Grants, including the development of a bilingual (in Bulgarian and in English) web-page for the relevant project. The activity shall correspond to the criteria described in the Communication and Design Manual of the EEA and Norway Grants 2014-2021 and to the ones set by the Regulation on the Implementation of the EEA FM 2014-2021.
k. Each project proposal must include a risk analysis and it should be detailed by the applicant in the Application Form, Section 11 “Additional information necessary to assess the project proposal” (see more information in item 9, letter “k” of the Application Guidelines).
- This Call does not allow approved projects to generate revenue.
- If the project is implemented with a partner, then it is mandatory to include funding for the project partner, and this must be detailed in item 5 “Budget” in the Application Form (see more information in item 10 of the Application Guidelines).
- Applicants under this Call do not have the right to submit project proposals if the proposals include products or results which have been already created/achieved or such which are in the process of implementation or such for which funding has been provided under another project, programme or any other funding scheme based on the national budget, the budget of the EU or on other donor programme. The project proposals can be related to upgrading the results achieved under the BG08 Programme of the EEA FM 2009-2014.
- Ineligible for funding under this Call are activities which have started before the date of signing of the project contract.
- The planned duration of each project in respect to the grant funding, including the including the activities provided for therein, cannot exceed 24 months.
- The PO encourages activities related to training of professionals, ensuring access to the digitalized objects and involvement of the target groups under the Outcome.